Saturday, June 13, 2009

Sing a song Mommy?

Niave sometimes asks my mom to sing her a song at bedtime when she sleeps over there.
One time she said "sing the money Ouma" - my mom very cleverly realised that she was referring to "Sing a song of sixpence" ('the King was in his counting house counting out his money')!
Tonight she was battling to fall asleep and asked me to sing a song.
I was just thinking of what to sing when she said "sing the 'pince' mommy" - once again it was "sing a song of sixpence"!!

2 comments:

Ingrid said...

Very funny! I would have sung 'money money money' from Abba-Mamamia...
You can tell the difference of culture in our house :)

Debbie said...

That's so funny, I think I'd probably have got to "money, money, money" before "Sing a song of sixpence" and she did go through a bit of an ABBA phase but her favourite song was Super Trooper! She called it "The Dancing Song"!!