Monday, June 29, 2009

The first day of the holidays.

I had great plans to dash off to Cavendish this morning to spend some birthday vouchers that are burning a hole in my pocket, but I didn't!

Instead I spent the morning baking cupcakes (that were supposed to be baked on Friday)

and started some de-cluttering (my task for the holidays - more on that in another post) and basically picked up toys and sorted out squabbles all morning! Oh and I made a pot of soup!

But we did get out into the sunshine which is here for the first part of the week at least.
After lunch we headed out to "Squirrel Park" with friends Joel and Hanna and their Mom, my friend Mandy. I don't know if that's the real name of the park but it's in "Squirrel lane" so I call it Squirrel Park!
It was lovely and warm, lots of climbing and swinging and sliding equipment,

plenty of place to run and ride - and then there is the stream. It didn't take Niave long to spot it. She can sniff water out I am convinced! Anyway, she followed 2 little boys down to the waters edge and when I went to see what she was up to she was carefully holding a rather long stick into the water angler style! I asked her "are you fishing Niavie?" the reply was "yes, I'm catching tadpoles"!

She sat there for ages and was most upset when we left without having caught some!
I guess we'll be heading back there with a bucket at some point...

No comments: