Monday, June 22, 2009

Ode to a dishwasher.

Dishwasher, dishwasher oh what a delight,
You've cleaned my dishes morning and night.
Swirling silently without a moan,
Doing the job all on your own.
The glasses and cutlery came out gleaming,
The plates and bowls were practically beaming.
The pots and pans - what can I say?
The grease and grime all taken away.
But now my sink is full of water,
Patiently waiting for me and my daughter
To wash and scrub and slosh around,
So the top of the counter can once again be found!
Dishwasher, one day you will be working again,
Oh, I cannot wait until then!

2 comments:

Taryn @ Hayes Happenings said...

that's a pretty impressive poem! Is it a Debbie Hutton Original? :) Hope your dishwasher is replaced/resurrected soon. Couldn't do without mine!

Debbie said...

Thanks! It's an original! Penned out of complete despair and desparation!!(just kidding) I've discovered that dishwashers are a bit like air con in a car, once you've had it you can never be without it again!!!