Friday, June 19, 2009

Happy Birthday to:

me!

Today was my birthday. The 34th.
Grant spoiled me with some authentic Crocs -
Real Crocs! Yay! I do tend to live in them and my old R39.99 pair were beyond sad:

Old on the left, new on the right! So sad.

During the week, I discovered that you can go up Table Mountain in the Cable car for free on your birthday.

There was a bit of a misunderstanding about the price of the other tickets so, to cut a loooooong story short, we (Lisa, Bryce, Mitchell, Abigail, Niave and myself) went up for much more money than we expected to pay!! (I'm still going to query it, you know me, never miss a letter writing opportunity!)
But it was a beautiful day and it wasn't windy at all up there, only towards the end it got a bit breezy.

We had a little picnic and walkabout.

The last time I went up was when Abigail was 6 months old (I seem to remember another time but the details are so vague I'm sticking with that 1 time!) and I have to say that a 6 month old in a pram in her sweet frilly bonnet is a whole lot more enjoyable than a 3 year old with a death wish. It was a hard task keeping track of Niave (and that on top of the bad temper and cheekiness was quite a lot to take)! I'd much rather have been herding a lot of cows up there!

But we did also have some sweet moments:

The middle section i.e. away from the edge, was where she was the happiest: free to roam undeterred. But as soon as I wanted her to hold my hand it was a screaming, tugging match.
Needless to say, I am rather exhausted from the excursion and so this post is being cut short to hop into bed.
Also, my pictures are far inferior to Lisa's and so I will post some more Table Mountain pics tomorrow.

Oh and Bev, just when exactly did you give Niave climbing lessons? She scaled this rather large rock like a seasoned pro!

2 comments:

Taryn @ Hayes Happenings said...

happy birthday! Sorry it wasn't as pleasant as you had hoped :) The joys of a spirited child :) Love the new crocs - will they make bible study on Wed night?

Debbie said...

I'm not sure if they'll make it (depends on the weather) but I will:)