Monday, May 18, 2009

Winter.

You know it's winter when -


there are red hot coals in the fireplace:


the cats sleep inside at night:

the tumble dryer hums along in the background:


and the first "official" Cape storm hits bringing swells of up to 8 metre's:


We took a drive to Sea Point yesterday to see the swell (one of Grant's all-time favourite pastimes - he wanted to be swimming in it - or at least surfing!!) It was quite impressive. Some of us thought it was so impressive that they didn't dare venture out of the car



for fear of this!!!:


She stayed safe at her dad's side while I braved the wind and spray to get some pics!! The plight of the blogger I tell you!!

1 comment:

Taryn @ Hayes Happenings said...

yes - the plight of the blogger indeed! I had a good laugh at that one! :) How funny. Love the pic of the readathon post too - I've never read the Charlie and Lola books. We're going library toe tomorrow, so I will check them out then!