Sunday, May 24, 2009

Set painting.

At the end of the term Abigail's school is putting on a musical/play called "Dear Edwina". The whole school takes part at some level - some more than others.
The parents are also obviously involved in various ways and one way is painting the set and props. So, this afternoon Abigail and I went to the school to help with the painting. Now I am no painter so I just do the "labour" and someone else comes with the "talent" and makes it look like something!!

It is still very much a work in progress:

It is the inside of a garage which is where the play is set. As you can see I did not paint the tree! Abigail and I did the fridge - the green one. You know, one of those old 1970's fridges that probably stands in your or your parents garage? That's it. Someone still needs to come and do the ageing process and give it some 3Dness but we filled in the lines.
It made me think of that old Afrikaans TV program "Matewus en Marai" - oh my, how do you spell those??? Anyway, there was an episode where she gets a fridge and she's never had one before, it is bright green and she is so happy she can't stop crying!! I loved that program. If the SABC end up having to can all the soaps - they can bring some of those back: Ballade vir 'n Enkeling - I just think of the theme song and I get a lump in my throat.

Anyway, Dear Edwina sounds like it will be quite good so we'll have to wait and see!

No comments: