Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day Weekend.

This past weekend was a busy one from start to finish.
On Friday morning Abigail's school held a Mother's Day breakfast which started at 7:30!! In the rush to get done on time, I left my camera behind so no pictures! We had yummy croissants and muffins and tea. Abigail was very excited to present me with a handmade beaded keyring. It was very sweet.
Then it was rush home to school by 8:30. That evening we went to the food fair at church. I have been once or twice before but it was really great this time. There were loads of people and lots to eat and many goodies to buy!

Niave stayed home with Grant as she wasn't feeling well and we took Bryce with us for the evening.

Saturday was also jam-packed with a party in the morning and a friends birthday tea in the afternoon (this time I took my camera but didn't use it!). By 6:30 I still hadn't been to a shop and we needed quite a few basics so it was off to Pick 'n Pay at 7pm!!

Sunday was Mother's Day so I was instructed to stay in bed while Grant helped the girls make breakfast for me. Scrambled eggs on toast! Abigail was so proud!! I was given a new hairdryer as the other one exploded! I was very grateful because wet hair on a winters morning is not my idea of fun! Then it was a mad dash to church - going via Kodak to put into action my last minute gift idea for all the Grannies!! I was at a bit of a loss and by 8pm on Saturday night was still wracking my brain. But while in the queue at Pick 'n Pay I had an epiphany!!! Photo's!! Always a hit (specially in my family!) and since we'd newly had a photo shoot it seemed like as good a time as any. I printed out one of my family (mom, dad, brother, sister, me) and 1 of each of the girls for my mom and of the girls for Grant's mom and step-mom.After church it was another mad dash to find frames!!! Talk about leaving it to the last minute, it was more like the last second!!
Anyway, it all turned out well in the end and all the grannies seemed happy with their gifts:-)

We took a drive to the Avenue again to feed the birds and squirrels in the afternoon but they all seemed a bit fed-up(!) as there were so many visitors. We finally found a troop of co-operative squirrels on our way back to the car. (What is the collective noun for squirrels anyway? I'm inclined to think it may be a scurry!!!) We got home rather late and children needed to be fed, bathed, and put to bed after a very busy weekend. Then it was time for me to do some schoolwork which had been sadly neglected this weekend, so I had a rather late night finishing off some loose ends here and there.
The weather was absolutely wonderful all weekend and even today. Beautiful, warm, windless days. It was a good thing for all the wedding parties that we saw having photographs taken in the gardens. Beautiful dresses and quite an entourage for some. As one group walked passed Niave gasped and said "wow! look at all the angels"!!
I think that winter will be back tomorrow!

1 comment:

Taryn @ Hayes Happenings said...

looks like your weekend was as crazy busy as our one was! So funny to see that we have some duplicate pictures!! :) Glad that your family looked after you this Mother's Day :) I hope the eggs were edible :) But, hey, if not ... it's the thought, hey!