Monday, May 25, 2009

Pedal Power!

This evening Niave learnt how to pedal!!
Not too difficult you might think. But you'd be wrong! Once you know how to do it you kind of forget that it was ever difficult.

But it is a skill to be mastered and so far the 2 children that I have taught to ride a bike (i.e. my own!) have spent many months pedalling backwards for dear life. Now you may think that that would propel them wildly into reverse but the bike we have, that is 3 year old size, does not go anywhere when you pedal it backwards it just makes a lovely whizzing sound! So I was so very happy when Niave finally "got it" because as I've said before it will hopefully mean we can go on more "adventurous" bike rides in the not too distant future.

Here she is - deep in concentration!

Of course once she really gets going I'll have to buy some running shoes or maybe a bike of my own! Mmmm, now there's a thought!
Readathon:
Tonight's Readathon book was Jonathan Mark in the Park by Jacqueline Sibley.
This is actually one of my books that has migrated here from my parents house. It is a story about sharing with friends and listening to your mother!! And no, I did not choose it but I couldn't have picked a better book if I'd tried!!
And as you can see by the flash-reflection on the cover, I am still scannerless!

1 comment:

The Carters Clan in Cape Town said...

Bike or Sewing Machine?? Bike or Sewing Machine?? Now that is the question??

Oh and well done Niave. If only you had had Bryce's old bike then you would have gone backwards!!!