Sunday, February 1, 2009

11 years ago...

...there was a wedding!
On the 31st of January 1998 Grant and I became husband and wife.

Yesterday was the eleventh anniversary of that day.

There were a couple of similarities:- 1) the heat and 2) the Met!

But there were also a few differences:-
1998 - waking up to hair and make-up appointments and walking down the aisle,
2009 - waking up to "Mom, I'm hungry" and hanging up the washing!

Well, we didn't get to celebrate really, Grant was working and I was rushing around but we did get to spend a lovely evening with friends. We had been invited to a combined husband and wife birthday party and so decided we would do our celebrating on Friday night and still be able to go to the party. As it turned out Grant wasn't up to going out on Friday having been flat on his back for 2 days, but we will still, hopefully get to go sometime:-)

My parents popped around on Saturday morning to wish us and gave us this wonderful Wok! I've never owned a Wok, and so I am going have to experiment a bit. But it's sure to become one of the most used pans in the drawer.


After they left Abigail disappeared into her bedroom and when she reappeared she handed me a sweet card she had made.


She hastened to add "it's you and Dad and look, you're holding hands"! So sweet.



1 comment:

Taryn @ Hayes Happenings said...

Congrats on your wedding anniversary! You guys look so gorgeous in the picture ... and in the photography too!!! :) And thank you for sharing your day with us last night! We were glad to have you. I LOVE our plant - I know exactly where it is going to go and I'm praying that I don't kill it! :)