Friday, September 26, 2008

So, what has Niave been doing this week?

Well, she was very busy! Feeding her baby - sand porridge, yum yum!


And she loves to read so she did some of that, this weeks favourites are "What will I be?" about life cycles (caterpillars, tadpoles etc.) and also "Where do I live?" and "Who is my mommy?" from the same series, they are very sweet "peep-through" books.


She did some motorbike riding, including a few flips over the handle bars but came up none the worse for wear!


She had a teddybear's picnic at school with all her friends.


And she hugged her big sister! So nice to know that although they squabble, they do love each other!

In between she spent some time with Ouma and Oupa so we could do some birthday shopping.


We've had a few late nights with her this week as when she sleeps during the day, even though she's tired enough to warrant a daytime sleep, she is awake until 10pm some nights! She's not roaming around the house although I do have to take her back to bed from time to time. She goes to bed at the usual time, sometimes 8pm if she's slept late in the afternoon and than sits in her bed chatting in the darkness and "reading" to Beaky (her fluffy yellow duck that is her favourite toy). Today she missed her afternoon sleep and so was in bed by 6:30pm and is now in dreamland and it's only 8:30!

Niave says some funny things and this weeks "quote" came last night, we got back from my parents quite late at about 9:15pm after my function in Hout Bay (they went to my parents for supper), I was busy getting her bottle ready when she lay down on the floor and started "snoring" (she can do quite a good pretend snore!) and she said "Mommy, when I go to sleep I will turn into a party flower"! I have no idea! But I had a good chuckle.

That was Niave's week.

No comments: