Sunday, September 28, 2008

Abigail's Party

Tomorrow Abigail turns 7, so today we had a party for her in the park close to our house.
The theme for the party was "Olympics" as it was while the Olympics were in full swing that we were deciding on dates etc.
So the original plan was for me to run the party and do "sports activities" like "Bean Bag Shot -put" etc.

This was all coming together nicely when the weather forecast predicted rain -surprise, surprise! So in a desperate attempt to find an alternative venue I came across the Clamber Club website. They are a franchise business that run movement classes/programmes for kids and they also do parties. (It's much bigger in Gauteng, the only franchise in C.T. is in the Northern Suburbs.)
Anyway, one look at their website and my ideas faded into the background.

After much deliberation and "discussion"! we decided to hire them and move the party to sunny Sunday.
Well, all I can say is: "what an awesome party"! It really was worth every cent. The kids had an absolute ball and were busy, busy, busy from beginning to end. And I was more free to take pictures and do other things that I wouldn't have been able to do had I been doing the games myself.
Even the adults got involved and it seems as though a good time was had by all.

On Saturday I was a baker: Cupcakes,



birthday cake


and some eats for mom's and dad's, granny's and grampa's as well.

I went to bed last feeling like there was something else I should be doing but it was all done!

Today we had to haul tables and chairs and all sorts of eats and drinks across to the park, fortunately it's not too far away!
And then the fun and games could begin:-


They climbed, jumped, hopped, crawled, ran, caught, rolled, balanced, jiggled and wriggled non-stop.

Then it was a gold medal for everyone and a party pack before going home.
When all the fun was over, we headed home to clean up and open presents. Wow, Abigail was really spoilt with some really beautiful gifts.

At last everyone is in bed, asleep! It has been a wonderful, exciting but tiring day.

These are 2 of my favourite pics of the day (even though they are slightly out of focus!) you can just see how much fun she is having!


There were some other photographers there too and I can't wait to see their snaps, so watch this space for edits and additional photo's!

No comments: