Monday, September 15, 2008

Castles and puzzles!


On Sunday morning I woke up feeling not-so-rested after having had a bad night with Niave (we've put it down to 2 year old molars coming through because no virus, fever or rash has developed after a week of being really miserable) anyway at 7:22 am my kids were ready to start the day and needless to say I was not!


Grant recognised this and despite having been up working since early hours himself, he put me back to bed for 2 hours sleep while he entertained the kids.


When I surfaced at exactly 9:20 am I was greeted by 2 very excited little girls who couldn't wait to show me their game - "Castles"!


On Saturday night I had whipped the washing off the line in anticipation of the pending storm that was set to hit (and did) during the night. I hadn't had time to do anything with it so it lay in an ENORMOUS pile on a chair in the lounge.


The game was that when Grant said "castle" they had to climb the pile of washing and when he said "puzzle" they had to jump down and put some of the pieces into the puzzle they were doing!

Of course this went on for a good amount of time, so much so that the chair had quite a dent in it by the end!

Who would have thought that an untidy pile of washing could bring so much fun and excitement!!


"Who's the king of the castle?"!

No comments: