Monday, September 15, 2008

Bananas

How is it that children can adamantly not like a particular item of food their whole life and then one day just love it?!

I remember doing that with peanut butter.

As a child I could not bare even the smell of the stuff, then one day in high school I came home one afternoon and couldn't get the peanut butter sarmie made quickly enough and from that day I've been a peanut butter eater!

Tonight, Niave had very little for supper. Not from lack of offers and options but she's not been eating well lately and when she's in one of those moods if it's not noodles it's not on!
Tonight it was not noodles.

So at bedtime she was suddenly hungry and asking for all sorts of things from biscuits to Bovril toast etc. etc. I was not about to make another "meal" or give her biscuits so I offered her a banana.
She was just about to reject that idea when Abigail (a confirmed banana hater) came scooting into the kitchen with these words "can I have one?"!

I couldn't hide my surprise as I've often tried to get her to try a banana without success. She would practically gag at the sight of them.
Well, at that Niave also obviously wanted a banana and the 2 of them had 1 and half each!
(So much for not eating banana's too close to bed time! We shoved them in!)

Then my shock and amazement continued when Abigail said "Mommy, pleeeease can I have a banana in my lunch box tomorrow?"! Well, if only we hadn't just eaten them all "Yes, you most certainly may!!

Bananas are great lunch box fruit, all self-contained and in it's own package - I love it!


2 monkeys eating bananas!!

No comments: