Monday, October 5, 2009

My point exactly!

This afternoon we "visited" a shop called Osman's in Lansdowne.
It is the kind of shop where you can find all sorts of interesting things but where you could very easily lose a child! I really do prefer going there by myself but that is not always possible.
Abigail, who is much more aware of "stranger danger" is paranoid about Niave getting lost in this shop. Niave having NO concept of "stranger danger"!
So after a tense time scouring the aisles for my wares we headed for the cashier. Only to find that my bank was, and had been offline the entire day.
So there I was in this bedlam of a shop with R250,00 glaring at me from the screen on the computer and my card won't work!!! In the meantime Niave is straying a little too far for Abigail's liking and Abigail is freaking out!
In my attempt to sort out the problem I had to reign Niave in so that Abigail could calm down, Niave could not get kidnapped and I could pay for my shopping. So I sat her down and gave a very stern talking to about how she was not going to move from that spot until I was finished and it was time to go. All this time she is looking at my face intently. When I had finished my list of all the things she shall not do she pointed to my furrowed forehead and asked "What are those stripes on your head, Mommy?"
My answer revealed much of my state of mind at the time: I said "They're called wrinkles and they're caused by you"!
She didn't move after that!!

No comments: