Friday, October 2, 2009

Gifts from Aunty Bev!

Two years ago, when Abigail turned 6, she was desperate for a Snow White dress. These are not so readily available here and so my sister found one overseas and posted it to Abigail for her birthday. She also included a small gift for Niave who was still little and about 6 pairs of socks for me (I have a sock thing!!).
The parcel arrived a few days before her birthday and I was surprised to discover that it had been opened and resealed. On further inspection I discovered that it had been opened and items stolen, then resealed and set on the shelf for delivery!!! I was so shocked by that, I felt as if my house had been broken into. The present (the dress) which had been wrapped nicely by Bev was still there but the wrapping was ripped to shreds, the card torn open. I took it up with the Post Office who looked into it but couldn't come with anything helpful.
Two subsequent parcels just never arrived.

So when Bev wanted to post a parcel for Abigail's birthday this year I was very reluctant. However, she decided to send it registered and insured and it arrived safely yesterday with all it's tape and contents intact!

It's very exciting receiving a parcel from overseas and we couldn't get the very-sticky tape off fast enough!!
Inside were the most beautiful clothes for Abigail as well as a bag-sewing activity, a top for Niave and a bracelet for me.They have such stunning clothes overseas, I wish the retailers here would do some market research there - but that is a whole other post...

Anyway, the sewing activity was a big hit and she managed it very well with very little assistance.

Thanks Bev for a lovely gift - I think if I ever get over there I will buy out the entire clothing range at Tesco's, they always seem to have such beautiful things!!

No comments: