Sunday, July 26, 2009

What a week!

This week was back to school and did we get "back to school" with a bang, or what?!
It was a really busy week, I think I spent 80% of it in the car!
Monday and Tuesday were busy with lifts and shopping, swimming and dentists and all sorts of other things that make up a VERY busy 2 days.
On Wednesday I could breathe. I vowed not to step out of the front door after fetching Abigail from school.
Then Thursday was another mad rush around for all kinds of reasons, Friday was slightly less crazy, the girls spent some time playing together, they seem to be able to play together more and more, with Abigail becoming more tolerant of her little sister and Niave able to play more cooperatively.
This game involved a fairy godmother and Cinderella! Abigail's dress has quite a history! It has been "in the family" since 1982 when my brother wore it in std 6 (grade 8) in their school production of Pirates of Penzance!! It still has the little sewn-in name tag saying "Andrew Koch"(no denying it I'm afraid!!)!! Being at an all boys school the std 6's were relegated to playing the "girl" parts!! It has been shortened somewhat and usually finds itself in the dress-up box at school where it is a firm favourite - amongst the girls and the boys!!
Abigail opted not to go to Kids Club on Friday night as her 2 "lift mates" weren't going and I must say I was really happy not to have to get into the car again.
However at about 7pm we found ourselves in absolute darkness as somebody (as in me) had forgotten to top up the electricity box with units!! So it was into the car and down to the shop after all!
We had a late-ish start on Saturday before heading for the library and then off to Bizzy Bodies (an indoor play place) for a party. We used to visit Bizzy Bodies and the likes a lot more when it was just Abigail (it's a lot more affordable when it's just 1!), the last time we went to Bizzy Bodies was when Niave was really, really small. She had no clue what to expect and had an absolute ball. Abigail's face was as red as a tomato when it was time to leave. They had a lot of fun.
I took these pics of them on the climbing wall for Bev's benefit! The climber in the family!!

Today was my aunt, Emmy's birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! She arranged for the family and some friends to go to lunch at Neethlingshof in Stellenbosch. It was a beautiful day, not a cloud in the sky and quite warm for July. I got there a little late because I was following (against my better judgement) a certain member of the family who insists on getting us, himself or me completely lost!
Anyway, I found it eventually and we enjoyed a wonderful buffet lunch with many, many choices. Completely forgot to photograph the food, slipping up on my blogger's responsibilities there! But I did manage to capture the surroundings

as well as Niave and her beloved puddle of mud! She took great delight in throwing little sticks and stones into it, she'd probably still be there if we hadn't dragged her away!

So, a lovely relaxing afternoon to end a hectic week.

1 comment:

The Carters Clan in Cape Town said...

Hey Debbie,
Hope this week is a little easier.

And the other all important question - where are the photographs of Andrew in that dress?? Sure you Dad must have some somewhere!!!

Chow Chow
Lisa