Wednesday, July 8, 2009

A man of many talents!

Niave has a love of tiny, little toys and from week to week has favourites that will go everywhere with her.
Recently she has had 4 turtles, 2 dinosaurs, a "dog", a cat.... actually the list is almost endless. Sometimes she wants them to have clothes. This is quite a tall order and usually one I weasel out of in some way or another. My mom, on the other hand, has once made a hat for a duck measuring 1cm!


One of this weeks favourite tiny toys is a "dog". I actually think it's a teddy, but she says it's a dog and who am I to argue? So, a dog it is.


The other day, Monday I think, she wanted a jacket for the "dog". I tried to weasel but it didn't work! So I fashioned a pink Shrek-like tunic for the little fellow and slipped it on.


Grant has not been well this week, with a bad chest, dizziness and temperature. As a result I was sent on a mission to the library to "find him something to read"! Grants taste in books is very different to mine. I know what he likes but it's hard to find and almost impossible with a "spirited" little girl to watch after, so this visit to the library was going to be a childless one!


When I came back I found both girls sitting on the bed next to Grant who had, needles, pins and bits of cotton draped all around him. It seems my creation was not quite up to scratch and needed daddy to finish it off, buttons and all!


So here you have 1 pink-clad "dog"!

3 comments:

Taryn @ Hayes Happenings said...

Sorry Debbie, but I have to side with Niave - it's a dog! Well done Grant :)

The Carters Clan in Cape Town said...

Ok, I'm with Niave and Taryn on this one. That's a dog. Just look at that face!!!

Debbie said...

okay, okay, I suppose it is, even more reason why it shouldn't need clothes!