Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The Magic Castle.

Today I discovered a new outing destination, it's indoors (it's been raining here for 4 days), it's cheap and it's not too far away!! Perfect!!
We've been ice-skating at Grandwest before but I did not know until recently that there is more beyond that. I just thought it was a coffee shop or 2, but there is a whole lot more as you start to explore. At first there is the NOISY arcade and bowling alley and then you enter the Magic Castle! How did we not know about this?

One thing that has always bothered me about the ice-skating (especially the mini-rink) is that it is so dark. You have no clue what time of day it is while you are there (all part of the psychology behind the place, I am sure) but in the Magic Castle area it is much lighter and less claustrophobic. It's like a mini, indoor funfair. And the rides are only R5 each! (Except the go-carts which is R10).

They have a roller-coaster (kid-size), bumper cars, a pirate ship, carousel, go-carts and a flying submarine type thingy!! (and 1 other thing that was out of order that I couldn't quite work out.)

When we walked in they all saw the train roller coaster and wanted to start there. I don't have any pictures of that one because I was so worried that Niave was going FREAK OUT and scream the place down that I was too scared to get my camera out in case I had to run and retrieve her from the ride!! BUT, she is a girl after her father's heart! Loved every minute!! I am not fond of roller coasters, actually, it's not the roller coaster itself it's the puking that comes after that I am a little weary of. Grant on the other hand would strap his wheelchair to the Cobra if they'd let him! I'm sure you get the picture! And so we have 2 confirmed adrenaline junkie offspring!

Once we'd finished on the train, I managed to take some pictures:
"It's like Mary Poppins"!

"Abigail Schumacher"!

Ready for a ride!

5 Monkeys!

Not bad after 5 days of quarantine!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So good to know!!! Must keep it in mind!! Looks like lots of fun! ;)