Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Here's an idea...

... do you think that retailers might consider lining the queue aisle with items such as dog food, floor polish or dare I say - fruit!
Does it really have to be sweets, chips and chocolates?
It was bad enough when all checkouts had short sweet-lined shelves at each individual checkout but these windy-windy queues with a mile of junk laid out before you to ask for and grab at and, okay I'll say it, run out of the shop with... I mean what are they thinking?!
It seems that it is those items that are always so sought after by trolley dwellers so how about offering them something they usually don't want, like say broccoli or brussel sprouts!
It might put a new spin on the "items-that-should-be-begged-for-at-every-available-opportunity" script that children seem to be born with!!

All jokes aside, I really wish some one would try that as an experiment to see what happens.
It might mean a more pleasant shopping experience for all shoppers, not just the ones who have small people in tow who don't "get it" after the 3rd "no, you may not have that chocolate/sweet/packet of chips"!
It was just a thought:-)

1 comment:

Ingrid said...

Ah Ah!! I think they know exactly what they are thinking, those people that put the chocolate/chips/sweets right there!! They're thinking, how can I make the shopping experience a traumatic experience but nonetheless an experience where I won't lose out on my cash return!! :)
...oh and I like brussel sprouts ok!!