Saturday, January 2, 2010

Farewell 2009 - Hello 2010

It's been quite quiet here for a couple of weeks - but not so in real life. One reason being that the next post should have been "Christmas" but I thought I left my camera at home on Christmas day and so have no pics! Only I found it in the car later after all the "memorable moments" were over! I did take a few on other peoples cameras but obviously I don't have those! So in the absence of photo's I was a little low on inspiration but it's the second day of 2010 and the blog must go on!!
So here's a little of catch-up:
On Christmas day we went to church and then had a quiet lunch with my parents and then tea at my aunt and uncles house where we got to see my cousin for our usual once-a-year visit!!
A tired girl on Christmas morning! She had to be woken up which is quite unusual.

The girls were given lovely gifts from lots of people but 1 very special gift they each received were these quilts, handmade by my mom.
She spent ages making each granddaughter (that is 3) a dolls house quilt! Each room is furnished appropriately and there is even a pool to swim in! The bedroom has a bed that the doll can actually get into - so sweet. Here are some pictures:
Kitchen
Bathroom
Bedroom

T.V. room

Lounge

Definitely a labour of love!

Another special gift that Niave got was "Beaky's mommy"! If you know Niave you will know how much she loved that!!!

In between Christmas and New Year we did a bit of this and a bit of that, visiting friends and family, watching movies etc. etc.

On Wednesday we went to a birthday party at Camps Bay beach. I have probably been to Camps Bay beach twice in my life - including this time. It's never been on my list of beaches to go to but it was really nice and the kids had a wonderful time. They both look a little glum in this picture but they were having a good time - I promise!!!
Niave collected so many muscle shells in her net that it began to bend!!!

Since before Christmas I had been battling with a sore throat and finally on Wednesday I went to the doctor after having a few horrible nights and tired days! He gave me an antibiotic but I was still feeling a bit mis on Thursday which was New Years Eve. My mom offered to have the girls sleep over there and let me have an undisturbed nights sleep so Grant and I were asleep before 10pm!! I woke momentarily at about 4 minutes past 12 to some crackers and voices in the distance and that was about it!! Happy New Year!!!

But on Friday morning I woke feeling a lot better thanks to a good nights sleep and a couple of doses of antibiotics:-)

On New Years day we went to a family potjie in Durbanville - it was HOT! The kids spent the whole day in the pool - my children do not need to be asked twice if they want to swim! If the sun is shining and there is a pool, they will swim - actually even if the sun is not shining!!


Which brings us to today. Did I say it was hot yesterday? Well I was wrong. It was hot today. Really, really hot. We went to the miniature trains in Parow for the afternoon and it was fun but mostly it was just hot.

This is really an outing that you need to do if you have small kids and live in Cape Town. It is great fun.You ride around the tracks on these miniature locomotives of which there are many. Rides cost R3 each or 10 rides for R25 so it's really affordable. They run on the 1st Saturday of every month from 1pm-4pm.

So now we are up to date! Yippee!

No comments: