Sunday, March 15, 2009

Time for a new watch.

My husband has an obsession with watches! I, on the other hand, do not!
I wear a watch purely for practical purposes i.e. telling the time!!
Grant would happily have a different watch for every day of the week!

Now about a year and a half ago my watch broke, first the strap, which was replaced and then the battery - or so I thought. After replacing it a few times in a very short space of time I finally gave up and resorted to using my phone to tell the time. It got to the point where I thought I may never need a watch again - why buy 2 items when you can buy 1 that does 2 functions?!!

Well, obviously that was not the right attitude for the wife of a watch-obsessed husband to have!

So, yesterday Grant had a day out with his friend Alan, they go off to the Blue Route Mall and whizz up and down in their chairs popping into coffee shops and to watch a movie etc. etc. This time a watch-hunting expedition was also on the cards!! (Unbeknown to me!!)

When he got home I was presented with a belated anniversary gift, a beautiful Fossil watch! Grant is good at watch-shopping, but finding the right watch for me is quite a feat. You see I do not wear watches without numbers! I cannot tell the time on them, I simply cannot and nowadays it's quite hard to find one with a full face of numbers, but he did a pretty good job:
Thank you, kind husband, for a beautiful gift.

1 comment:

Ingrid said...

How sweet Debbs!! Very beautiful!!
And a very sensitive and sensible gift...