Friday, March 20, 2009

Student of the week.

Last Thursday Abigail's class visited the rock pools in Hout Bay, I have been on this outing a few times when I taught in Hout Bay so I know it's a really good one. Abigail came home with stories about starfish and anemones and a crab that pinched her toe etc. etc. She really enjoyed the outing.

Then on Monday morning at assembly she was presented with the "student of the week" award for grade 2.
She was very excited to show me her certificate which reads: "...awarded to Abigail Hutton, grade 2 for being an eager, excited, interested participant on our outing to the rock pools in Hout Bay"

She was was also given a badge which she got to wear for the week.

She really needed something to boost her confidence as she's been battling a bit especially with the maths. She sat down to have breakfast this morning and said with a sigh "I wish I didn't have to struggle at school"!

1 comment:

Ingrid said...

And very well done to Abigail!! It's very special for any child to get a reward like that and especially for certain other kids!!
It's awesome!!
She looks so cute with her two poney tails too...