Sunday, October 5, 2008

The rest of the week.

Well we had another birthday this week, poor Ouma's birthday gets slightly overshadowed by Abigail's each year. Sometimes she is so busy baking and helping with preparations that she quite forgets her own birthday is 2 days later!
So on Wednesday evening after the x-rays and injection and all we headed to Ouma's house for supper. We surprised her with a cake and "a few" candles. The kids just have to have candles to blow out on someones birthday!

So that was Wednesday.

On Thursday Abiagil went out and Niave and I did some errands and visiting and that was about all!

Friday was supposed to be sunny but was actually very cloudy and very cold - no surprises there, anyway, Abs went to see a show at the Baxter and then went with Bryce to the Clay Cafe in Hout Bay. They painted owls and got to play with a friendly Golden Retriever!

While they were busy there, Mitchell - Bryce's brother stayed with Niave and I at home.

They had a great old time unpacking and packing - and unpacking again, all the toys in the basket in the kitchen! Mitchell is a real sweetie and Niave obviously thinks so too because at one point she looked at him crawling down the passage and said "Mom, Mitchell is gorgeous"! That has to be Niave's quote of the week! And she's right, he really is!


Saturday brought the usual trip to the library and an unusual trip to the fabric shop. I must say every time I go there I vow to make it something that I do more often but it still remains a rare occasion. Ouma bought some fabric to make Niave some dresses. There are particular styles that suit her shape and she is fast outgrowing the only ones we have! The clothes they have in the shops for girls often leave a lot to be desired - but THAT is a whole other post!! So needless to say the trip to the fabric shop came about. (I can see that the purchasing of a sewing machine is also going to have to come about soon!)

So today, Sunday, Ouma made a very sweet dress which was worn straight off the sewing machine! I didn't have my camera with me but I just have to say that it was done on a Singer hand machine that is about 90 years old!! It still goes brilliantly and even though my Mom has an electric machine she always seems to go back to the good old Singer.

As the saying goes "They don't make 'em like they used to"!!

No comments: