Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Haircuts

Today we went to the hairdresser, or "the haircutter" as Niave calls it!

I was in desperate need of a haircut and Abigail has been begging to have "short hair" and Niave was one big tangled mess! So today was the day.

I have trimmed Abigail's hair from time to time, as it is long and straight it's quite easy, but Niave's hair goes beyond my expertise, she has about 5 crowns so I'm not even going to attempt cutting her hair - ever!

It turned out to be quite an expensive outing to have 3 haircuts but everyone was happy with the results so I've decided it was worth it.

Niave went first, so we could avoid the wriggle factor! She was fairly wriggly anyway and a bit whiny but once she realised that it wasn't sore or anything to worry about, she sat very nicely and watched the T.V.!

Abigail wanted hers so that she wouldn't have to tie it up for school. I was a bit sad but I am also fed up with all the moans about brushing and knots etc. etc. so, consoling myself with the knowledge that it will grow back, we went for it!

Then it was my turn. Whenever I've waited this long between haircuts I always say "never again" but somehow it always happens that way. Maybe now that Niave can sit still for about 5 minutes I will consider going more often!!

These pictures got a bit muddled (I'm still trying to figure out how to position them how I want them and this time it went very wrong!!) but basically it's "at the hairdresser" and "at home neatly brushed after baths"!

1 comment:

Taryn @ Hayes Happenings said...

Abigail, I am sure, looks lovely - but I am so sad to say goodbye to her long hair. I LOVE long hair, especially on little girls! Good on you for getting the haircuts all at once. That's pretty brave. When are we going to see YOUR haircut? :) Come on - post a pic! BTW, we ate your supper tonight - yum yum! Thank you very much. Now you can start reminding me to bring your tupperware :)

Love T