Sunday, October 26, 2008

Let's go fly a kite!

Today we went to the Kite Festival at Zandvlei.
It was a hot, windy day and there were stacks of people!
I left my sunglasses at home so I have very sore eyes from squinting into the sun.
However, my sore eyes aside, we had a good time.

There were some amazing kites. I bought some teeny tiny ones, made out of tissue paper, for R5 that were being sold in aid of Cape Mental Health and the kids loved them (especially as I had told Abigail that we were going to SEE kites not BUY one, thinking they would only have big, expensive ones for sale!). They were quite sweet and held up remarkably well against the strong wind.

There were also lots of other stalls (food and toys etc.) and activities like jumping castles and trampolines and tractor rides.

Here are some pictures of the day:

Some of the activities for the kids.

Some of the more impressive kites.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This looked like fun! Thanks for the pictures, I can have a better idea of what it is and next year, we'll defnitely go!!
Smiles,I.