Thursday, November 18, 2010

First beach outing of the season.

This week has been hot. Windy but hot.
Yesterday, because I couldn't stand another day of two whining voices asking "where can we swim?" I decided to take a drive to St. James beach for the afternoon.

It had started out as a relatively windless day but by the time we had all our buckets in a row the wind had come up so I was doubtful that they would actually swim. But when we got there it wasn't too bad and of course they did swim!

I have a case of laryngitis so I wasn't in the mood to climb rocks or even get sandy feet so I plonked myself down in one spot and I didn't move! I gave directions and instructions from afar, using sign language!!

I realised that we've entered a new phase, Niave can now listen to instructions from afar!

She doesn't need so much of the physical presence (or restraint!) as she did a year ago.

They spent a lot of time in the tidal pool, Abigail swimming and Niave rowing herself with her net(!) from one side to the other.

They had a brief visit to the rocks to collect shells and then it was time to go home.

Some pictures:

No comments: