Sunday, November 14, 2010

Annie.



A few weeks ago I saw that the show Annie was due to be on at the Cape Town theatre/opera house known as Artscape.

To cut a long story short I had a contact that enabled me to get tickets for R100.00 each and I ended up arranging tickets for 39 people!!!

It was a much anticipated event in our house and there was much excitement when the day finally arrived.

But with the arrival of the day there was also the arrival of the stomach bug.

Grant had been down with it during the week and on Friday afternoon I had a terrible headache of migraine proportions. Needless to say by lunch time yesterday I was not feeling well at all.

And so, I ended up missing the show, my dad took my ticket, my mom was coming with anyway.

It was a long show, almost 3 hours but by all accounts it was well done and very enjoyable, I think Niave was probably a bit too young for the length of the show but we were serenaded with "The sun will come out tomorrow, tomorrow..." from the bathtub so she must have enjoyed it.

Abigail loved it and wanted to know when she can be in an Annie show!!


These pictures, from the programme give you an idea, so if you live in Cape Town get down to the Artscape for an enjoyable show, I'm really sad I couldn't be there but I didn't think they'd appreciate me puking on the carpet!!

My children, especially Abigail are very intrigued by orphan stories - and there are many of them, it seems the story of Annie and her quest to find her parents is timeless and one that will be enjoyed for many generations.

2 comments:

Taryn @ Hayes Happenings said...

Debbie - I think that you need to pull those R100 ticket strings again and see if you can get us tickets. Surely your contact will feel sorry for us puking moms who so sacrificially gave up our longed for tickets???? Come Debs! Let's try go on another night!!! :)

Debbie said...

Unfortunately the R100 tickets were only for the preview. I'm sure we can still get tickets but will be a bit more. The other problem is to find a free day to go! It's pretty busy around here at the moment!
Hope you guys are both better, it sounds like yours was worse than mine though.
Gald the weather worked out for your park outing, sorry that the puke didn't!!