Monday, August 2, 2010

Yum!

Yay! It's August!! July seemed so very long and by the time we got to the 28th I was ready for it all to end!

Today Abigail begged me to make chicken pie for supper and although only 2 of us would eat it I couldn't resist. (Niave doesn't do pie and Grant doesn't do chicken.)
So we made a pie:

It was yummy!


And seeing as the oven was on, I just had to make some biscuits because I discovered an easy, easy, easy recipe and so I just had to!

I came across the recipe on a friends blog and as I've never had a satisfactory biscuit dough recipe for school I tried it on Friday and it worked really well. I hate biscuit dough that spreads across the baking tray as it's baking so that the biscuits are 4 times the size they were at the beginning or dough that requires more and more and more flour to be added and then still sticks to everything. But this one was not like that at all, so if you're in the mood for some home-made biscuits here is the recipe: it is simply 100g sugar, 200g butter and 300g flour - that's it!!


Cream the butter and sugar.(now I just have to say that one of the reasons why July felt so long was because I took so many photo's - 500!! and I was looking forward to starting a new folder for August and here I am taking pictures of butter!!)
Anyway, then add the flour.
Mix to a dough.
(you need to use your hands at the end as it gets too stiff for the beaters) And start cutting!


Decorate to your liking and bake for 10 - 12 minutes at 180C.

There you go, you are done Mmmm - enjoy!

No comments: