Sunday, August 8, 2010

A Whole New World.

This weekend both Abigail and Niave had a teacher at their school getting married. Niave's own teacher and the grade 1 teacher at Greenfield.

Last week Niaves school had a kitchen tea for Miss Kalis and Miss Dock asked the grade 1's and 2's to sing for her at her wedding. This caused much excitement and yesterday was the day.

We headed to Fish Hoek and they took their seats waiting for the bride to arrive.
There was a state of awe as she came down the aisle and I'm not sure how they manged to keep singing (they sang as she walked down the aisle), it was like every little girls dream was coming true as they saw their teacher dressed like a princess.



(My video is not great and it's just a snippet as somebody hopped up right in front of me so I couldn't carry on.) Notice the little girl on the rights eyes as she spots the bride! There were similar reactions all round when the minister said the words "you may kiss the bride"!!


At the end the bride and groom went off to sign the register while the girls made an archway with their flowers for the newly weds to walk through. As they reached the doorway 1 little girl next to me exclaimed in utter disbelief "Miss Dock, you're wearing a tiara"!! It was so sweet.

Afterwards all the girls were supposed to have a photo together (with Miss Dock) but there was some confusion and Abigail and her friend missed it so we managed to get a picture with the 2 of them which was very special.


(I just have to say that I am completely in shock that this video actually loaded! Last time I tried this it took me 5 hours and it still didn't load!)


No comments: