Friday, April 2, 2010

Make way for Noddy!

On Tuesday Niave turns 4.
Yesterday we took a trip to toyland for her Noddy party, here's some of what we got up to:

Noddy waiting for the party to start.

Some toyland friends, a couple of Tessie bears, Mr. Plod and of course Big Ears!

We kicked off with "parcel parcel" - also known as pass the parcel - for obvious reasons!

There was loads of tree climbing inbetween - Niaves favourite occupation.

The feely box game: by only feeling an object they had to guess what was in the box.

Then it was cake time and here it is: (I only relized when I looked at the photo's that he doesn't have any ears!!)

Niave tried blowing out her candles but is afraid of fire at the moment so she wouldn't go close enough

but we had some willing helpers - look at her terrified expression in the background.


Then the time I was dreading: the puppet show!

I don't do puppet show's, I am not very confident about it because I am not very good at it. I don't even like puppet shows, not even as a child, but it went off fine. It was just a very short "story" about Noddy's basket of Easter eggs that went missing, he asks some of the characters but no-one can help until the always wise Big-Ears realizes it must have been the naughty goblins. At that point Noddy and Big-Ears go off to find Mr. Plod and the children go to find the basket of eggs that the goblins have hidden in the garden - which they did:

The last game was the "Mr. Plod game". I had 2 signs - "stop" and "go" and the children had to walk towrds me when I held up go and stop when I held up stop. Most of them got the idea but I'm not sure what Mitchell was doing (bottom right), I don't think the game lived up to his expectations!!

When I was finished playing Mr. Plod, some of the kids had a turn:

It was actually a lovely party. I felt very relaxed. Usually I am very stressed and running around like a headless chicken but for some reason I didn't feel like that this time. I even sat, and chatted some of the time!!

So party is done and now we wait to turn 4!

No comments: