Friday, February 26, 2010

Happy Birthday Daddy.

Today Grant celebrated his 39th birthday. One more year to be "in his 30's"!!!

He had his presents opened for him by the very same people who had wrapped them!! Here is the bleary eyed boy looking at his new CD at 6:35 a.m.!!
Abigail wrote in the card.
Then it was off to a normal days work and school except that he spent the afternoon washing his car (and mine) with Herbert, Grant enjoys washing cars!! Not I! I should have taken a picture but I was very busy making a cake. Not just any cake, a vegan cake!!

It is actually really simple and was quite good. If you'd like to try it here is the recipe (specially for you Dottie!!):

VEGAN CHOCOLATE CAKE



1 & 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar ( I used brown)
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
3 Tbsp cocoa

Combine all the above in a bowl, mix well with a fork. Make a well in the center and add

1 tsp vanilla essence
1/3 cup veg oil
1 Tbsp vinegar
1 cup cold water

mix well with a fork, pour into a baking tin and bake at 180 C (350 F) for 30 min.

This has got to be the easiest cake I have ever made, I used 1 bowl, 1 fork, 2 spoons and a measuring jug!! There is no mess! And it was a really nice cake.I sprinkled icing sugar on top and voila!!

Next I'm going to try Nut and Raisin Oat Cookies - vegan style, I'll let you know how they turn out.

So, he had some cake on his birthday - even if it did have sugar in it (and oil! shhh!).

No comments: