Sunday, November 25, 2012

Ballet Presentation 2012.

Yesterday Niave took part in her 3rd annual Ballet Presentation, possibly her last, the jury is still out on whether or not she is going to continue with it next year...
She did very well and almost made it to the end without an incident...almost, but just before the graceful curtsy she happened to notice her sister in the front row smiling and in true Niave style took great offence at the fact that she was "laughing" at her and front and centre stuck her tongue out to show her disapproval!
I wished that the chair I was sitting in could have swallowed me right then, but I realise that in a few years time it will be a funny memory.
We have this dilemma with Niave, she hates to be laughed at, and I do mean hates!
She cannot laugh at herself and gets very upset if she feels others are laughing at her. I am hoping and praying that she grows out of it soon but for now we persevere in trying to explain to her that we are not laughing at her.
But she is only 6 and I suppose this too shall pass and one day be a distant memory, can't wait for that day!
Anyway, some pictures...



I am amazed at all they can do when I think back to her first few weeks of ballet and how she couldn't even skip, and now she remembers all these steps and dances.
I really hope she carries on, I can see that she really likes it and actually I prefer it to modern dancing, and she has such a lovely teacher. After her session we stayed to watch the grade 1's and she was very impressed with what they did and seems more keen than before to continue. I live in hope!

No comments: