Monday, January 17, 2011

The end of the holidays.

Friday was the last official day of the holidays for us. Although I was feeling a bit below par thanks to a lingering headache and a bit of low blood pressure I thought we needed an outing to mark the end so we headed out to Imhoff Farm in Noordhoek. Niave has visited there once on an outing last year but Abigail hadn't been and I knew they'd love the animals.

It is a big farm with many places to visit but our place of choice was... the farmyard - of course!
There are all sorts of farm animals to observe and feed - pigs, goats, chickens, ducks, horses, sheep etc. but the best by far for my children were the bunnies!They spent a lot of time in the bunny pen, even while we were waiting for our lunch - I sat by myself taking in the view (which was beautiful) while they discovered a burrow of baby bunnies that even the workers didn't know about!

It was another unpleasantly windy day and I don't enjoy wind so after lunch we got ready to go home, just as we were driving out of the gate Niave announces "Look, real camels!". I had known there were camels there but I couldn't find them (how on earth could you miss a camel?!!) anyway, we had to turn around to have a look. Here they are: Isak, Luqmaan and Barak!!

Camels are particularly smelly and make some interesting noises, Niave was a little nervous but Abigail was braver, she wanted to have a turn to sit on one but he snorted at her and she quickly changed her mind!!

My favourite photo of the day:

No comments: