Thursday, August 13, 2009

Abigail's story.

Abigail stayed home from school today as she had a sore throat and a blocked nose. While Niave and I were at school she stayed inside with Grant and finished her "book" that she had started on Wednesday. Here it is, transposed just as she has written it:

harry the noctirnle owl Looks for a friand. by Abigail Hutton

Once apone a time there was an owl and his name was harry. and his probblme was that he could not make enny freind's. he asked pach the Jrafe but all pach did was carry on eating. he asked Slowy the tortoise but all he did was carry on walking away from harry. now this was a probblme. harry was very sad by the end of the day. and he heard his mother calling. and when he got home he tolde his mum all about it and she sead I also could not make enny friean's when I was your age. becoos they thout I was to smalle. and now I still have no friean's. but it is your bed time now so harry whent up sterr's to his bed. and he had a good night sleep. and the next morning he got up bright and earlee. and put on his cloths and whent to see if he could finde enny freiands hoow would like to play with him and so he did. he asked Pinky the flimgo but he sead NO. so he askd flippers the peqne and he sead yes I will be your friend YAY he soutd. and ran to give him a big hug. and sead I have been looking for a friend for agees and everyone sead NO. but you have been very kind and have sead yes you can. and whent to tell his mum. the end.

Very sweet! If you need translation let me know!!!

1 comment:

The Carters Clan in Cape Town said...

Hey Debbie,

Too sweet. Funny enough, I stumbled across one of Bryce's in my Drafts box yesterday. He did a dictation while I typed, way back in Sep 2007. It's about Banana and Veggie Man who save the world from the Evil, Zurg. (think he borrowed that name from Toy Story). The plan is when we have finished it, we will email it to Bryce Courtney, together with a copy of a picture Matt and I had taken with him in 1997 and get his crit on it.