Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve

We had a fairly quiet day today that started quite early!
A few years ago I learnt (the hard way) that Pick 'n Pay opens at 7 a.m on Christmas Eve.
So I got up bright and early to head off for some of the fresh things I needed for tomorrow.
Well, at 8 a.m this morning the car park at Constantia Village was FULL! I did manage to find a spot without too much trouble:-) Inside it was a nightmare - you'd think the shop was going to be closed down the way people were buying (so much for the cash crunch!) the chicken must have flown(ha ha!) off the racks because by the time we got there it was all but gone. Anyway, we got away at about 8:45 with most of what I needed and were home by 9. Phew, all shopping out of the way - hooray! I love to shop but this week the shops have been ridiculous!

Then it was down to the usual chores until some guests arrived bearing early gifts.
We decided to let the girls go ahead and open them as Christmas day can be quite overwhelming with so many gifts especially seeing as we have a lot of Grandparents in our family!!


Grant was given a great chair by his Dad. It is a reclining outdoor chair but it works quite well for him and will also be much easier, in some situations, than the wheelchair.
Not forgetting the all-important cup holder!!

Niave retired at about 7 and Abigail and I went off to fetch Grants present at my parents house - long story!!

Abs was given a super game by Grants Dad called "Supermarket", so we had to have a go at that, she retired at 9:15 but only after leaving some milk and biscuits for Father Christmas and some apples for the reindeer!! This is something that I've never made a big deal of but somehow, through the media I suppose, she has picked up that this is the done thing! Anyway, it was quite sweet how she wanted 8 slices of apple to make sure no reindeer went without!

Once she was in bed asleep I could start roasting my chicken (my contribution to Christmas lunch) and haul out the presents that have been stashed in cupboards!!Now it is off to bed for me as we have an early start tomorrow! Goodnight!

No comments: