Thursday, June 2, 2011

Wheelchair Dancing!

Grant has recently become involved with the Chaeli Campaign which is an organisation that raises money for people with disabilities. They are helping him with his cycling etc.
They also hold craft classes, wheelchair karate and wheelchair dancing.

The dancing takes place on a Sunday afternoon, we've been a couple of times to check it out and this past Sunday Grant took part.


He had a lot of fun and is keen to try it out for a while. I left my camera at home so I tried to take pictures on my cellphone but the lighting wasn't good so they haven't come out too well, but here are 1 or 2 to give you an idea!


More on that when I have decent photo's.


After the dancing they've introduced drumming with a company called Red Zebra, anybody and everybody can join in so we did!


Niave chose a bongo drum and had a fabulous time drumming her heart out even though it was enormous for her! She also went up to learn a West African dance at the end - braver than me!



Abigail and I had an instrument called Gogo bells which was fun too.


We'll definitely go back for the drumming!

No comments: