Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Spring.

Officially spring starts, in the southern hemisphere on the 23rd of September but traditionally it is "celebrated" on the 1st of September. So, in keeping with tradition Abigail went to school adorned with flowers (thanks to Ouma and Oupa for bringing some as our garden is flowerless!!).
Niave had to get in on the action too but went with the minimalist approach:-)

Despite the fact that the weather doesn't feel like spring or look like spring: and that winter hasn't actually arrived yet, our oak tree thinks it's spring and it should know!

If the past 2 years are anything to go by the rain is still to come. I remember having rain on my birthday in mid June almost without fail as a child, in fact when I was in matric the dance was held on my birthday and the school roof blew off as the result of a severe and charcteristic winter storm, but recently I've noticed lovely sunny and dare I say warm birthdays and lots and lots of rain in September. So we shall see if this is the third year of visible climate change or not.

No comments: