Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Go Bafana Bafana!!!

We won!! We actually won!! Okay, so we're out of the World Cup but WE WON!!

You'd never have thought that we actually don't really like soccer!! We've watched soccer every day for 11 days!! Today was Bafana Bafana's last chance to make it to the next round - a tall order but we were hopeful nonetheless.

We played France today and we had to get 4 goals to be able to advance to round 2 - we didn't make it but we did get 2 goals and compared with their 1 that made us the winners on the day. Woohoo!!

We got into the spirit of things here with some face paint and all (most!) of the soccer paraphernalia we have acquired in the last few weeks:
If only I could get the video of them singing their favourite World Cup song to upload. I have been trying for more than 3 hours!!! I just can't seem to do it. I finally got it uploaded to youtube, but now I can't find it!!! I will continue to persevere... right now this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USpj7_W6rs4 is the only way to view the clip. I have been trying to do this for 5 hours, it just can't be that difficult, but yes, it has taken that long.

No comments: